WTA Debuts "TrailBlazer" App for Windows Phones
Got a Windows smartphone? You're in luck. Washington Trails Association has debuted WTA TrailBlazer, our first phone app. Search for hikes, check conditions on the trail and view photos all from your phone. What's more. It's free!
Do you love WTA's online Hiking Guide and Trip Reports, but hate trying to access these great tools from your mobile phone? Well, if you've got a Windows Phone, you are in luck.
Meet WTA TrailBlazer, our first smartphone app. Go ahead and download it - it's free. See how easy it is to find kid-friendly hikes, view gorgeous photos from the trail and browse the latest WTA Trip Reports - all from your phone. You can even purchase the Mountaineers Day Hiking guidebook that has more details on these hikes right from the app.
Here are the app's features, with even more to come in the future:
- Search for trails by name, location, difficulty, whether dogs are allowed, and other criteria.
- Check the conditions on the trail with the latest trip reports from fellow hikers.
- View trail photos uploaded by fellow hikers.
- Bookmark your favorite hikes for quick access.
- Quickly get driving directions to the trailhead with Bing Maps.
Two stellar volunteers, Omeed Chandra and Jerry Wang, have spent countless hours building this app for WTA and our hiking community, from concept to code. We can't thank them enough for their creativity and generosity in bringing this great new tool to hikers!
Download the free app here, (or search for “TrailBlazer” on the Windows Phone Marketplace), and be sure to leave a rating!